The purpose of the Race is to support local community organizations like ARF while at the same time encouraging health and fitness. Our reach and scope of advertising is as follows: 300 runners and 200 spectators will converge on the airport during the Race weekend.
Race Day Parking information and FAQ
Saturday, October 5th, 2019
Start Time 08:00
Runway 10/28: The perfect platform for first timers and experienced athletes to reach their personal bests. 5K of wide open runway! This is a chip-timed event.
Includes a cool race shirt & the opportunity to experience East Hampton Airport like few people do!
A few simple rules:
- Please register the kids to run or walk but no strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, bikes or pets allowed.
- Stay on the course. Anyone deviating from the course will be removed from the race.
- All participant registrations are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Selfie sticks will NOT be allowed on the runway.
- The Run Down the Runway 5k is perfect for runners of all ages and abilities. Come out, join the fun, support AFT Hamptons and see East Hampton Airport in a whole new way!
A word from a few of those who have registered:
“I absolutely love the idea of this race! Unique and fun!” – Shannon (Montauk, NY)
“I want to thank you for organizing such a wonderful event. It means a lot to us here in the East Hampton Community.” – Nate (East Hampton, NY)
“I am coming all the way from Seattle to run and am super excited to participate in this event. I run a lot of races and this was one so far has been one most organized races I have seen. It is their first one too! Looking forward to the entertainment, food, awards and prizes. Thank you! – Steve (Seattle, WA)
The Run Down the Runway 5k is sponsored by East Hampton Airport. 100% of the proceeds go to ARF Hamptons.
Music: DJ JOHN
Food Vendors: (TBA)
USATF Association Certified